Monday, April 8, 2013

Oh, WotC, You're SO Close.

So WotC just put out their contest to create a character sheet.  Which is nice and all.  If you're into that sort of thing, I encourage you to submit one - the world can always use more cool-looking character sheets.

Just one little problem.  Section 4 - must be submitted as a 300 dpi jpeg file.  Presumably so you can make a FUCKING NON-EDITABLE PDF FILE out of it.

I went straight to the yelling pretty fast there, so I'm going to back up a little and take it slowly.

I must assume that you know of these things called computers, which people have and use now, right?  I mean, the whole playtest is digital.  Digital sign-in, digital feedback, digital files only.

So why in the NAME OF FUCKING IUZ THE GREAT AND TERRIBLE are you sending me character sheets that I have to print out and write on in PENCIL?

It really isn't that hard to create a fill-able, savable form that I can type my character information out on, save like a grown-up and email to my DM.  The community is stepping up and making these things because we need them.  They aren't hard to make.

Please - listen carefully to me.  I don't print any of the playtest material in hardcopy.  I don't want or need character sheet hard copies.  I play full-digital.  Work with me here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you can make a pdf with an image background and an editable form overlayed, so that you can save your particulars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you definitely can. Although the saving afterwards bit is a bit tougher. Adobe is funny about allowing that, but presumably somebody who knows what they are doing (a bit more than me, apparently, since I can't get it figured) can do it.

    We did find a very good digital sheet made in Google Docs, which is working well for our current playtest.

    ReplyDelete